This article will detail Xbox 360 repair troubleshooting methods that you can implement yourself. This can help you save valuable money and hassles. Keep in mind that this article is not going to be able to cover all known repair issues, and for some issues you do need to opt for a third party Xbox 360 repair service.
If you’re familiar with Xbox repair services in the New York area, then you know how expensive it can be. This article is designed to help save your valuable time and money.
Troubleshooting Xbox 360 Red Ring Of Death (Also known as Xbox 360 RROD)
Infamous red ring of death can usually be fixed with a very simple fix that does not require you to do any disassembling of parts. If you assume that your device needs to be sent to an Xbox 360 repair service or has to be sent back to the manufacturer, you would do yourself a favor by troubleshooting and finding out just what the problem is.
The red ring of death happens when three red lights form a ¾ circle at the power button of your device and the device stops working altogether. Be aware that by opening up your console you will void out the warranty. If the warranty on your device has already expired or you’ve already opened it up previously, then you’ve got nothing to lose. Otherwise, you’ll want to really think hard on whether or not you want to open the device.
Causes Of The Ring Of Death
Xbox 360 Repair Tip 1: Whenever your console is not able to get enough power, there are several ways that you can identify the problem and fix it, without having to open up the console.
Xbox 360 Repair Tip 2: One of the causes of the red ring of death is overheating. Your Xbox was created to shut down on its own when it overheats. At times it will do this before any damage can happen to it. If there is no damage, then avoiding this red ring of death is synonymous with avoiding overheating.
Xbox 360 Repair Tip 3: If there has been damage because of overheating, then it could be due to the design issues involved with the Xbox 360. Primarily the CPU and GPU uses up a lot of power, and thereby generate a lot of heat.
This makes it a really heavy burden on the cooling system of the device. Keep in mind, that it does not take much to cause your console to overheat. Just the smallest bit of wrong usage on the part of the Xbox owner will end up overheating the console. But then again, even the most careful users have experienced overheating.
Xbox 360 Repair Method: Fixing The Dreaded Red Ring Of Death/ Error E74
If you’re considering of letting your console can be fixed by an Xbox 360 repair service, please check out our trouble shooting tips first. They don’t involve you having to open your device at all, so you can have peace of mind if you have a warranty on it.
Even if you have a warranty and you’re thinking of shipping it off to the company for repairs, it’s a good idea to check the steps in this article.
Restart your Xbox console. Depending on where you live, there may be electrical brown outs or black outs. This happens in areas where there is hot weather and everyone has their central heat/air units on or their air conditioners running. This can cause a momentary lapse in electrical power. This can trigger the dreaded red ring of death.
- Reconnect all of your power cords and cables. You may have a loose cord or cable. Any power cords and cables that you can remove need to be disconnected. Unplug the cable from the wall. Then, reattach all of the cords and cables back into the Xbox. Now power it up and turn it on. Replace any damaged or worn cables.
- Connect the hard drive again. Turn off your Xbox console. Next you’ll unplug the power cord. Then, you’ll disconnect the hard drive. After that, you’ll connect the power again and turn the Xbox back on. If your Xbox does not display the three red lights error message, turn it back off and disconnect the power again. Then, connect the hard drive again, plug in the power cord, and turn the Xbox back on.
- Bypass all of the electrical obstructions or impediments. If you’re going to be using a surge protector, extension cord, or plug strip then remove these items and plug the power cord right into the wall outlet. Long extension cord can end up reducing your power and surge protectors can often be defective, so be aware of this issue.
- Check with another power outlet from a different room or different location. The wall out that you usually use may not have adequate power. You can rule this problem out by taking your Xbox to another room with a different wall outlet. Be sure that it is on a different circuit. This usually means it will have to be in another room, although this can vary depending on your home’s electrical set up. Alternatively, you can take it to a friend’s or relative’s home to try it out there.
- Resolve any issues with power brick. Your power brick may be overheating. When this happens, your Xbox does not receive the necessary power it needs. This can bring about the dreaded red ring of death. The power brick will not cool off unless there’s enough ventilation. It’s a good idea to keep it off any shag carpets, bed covers or bed sheets.
Xbox 360 Repair Services Available
. You can choose to have the manufacturer repair your console, which will probably involve packing the whole thing up, printing labels, and shipping it off. Then, you’ll probably have to wait anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks to hear anything back. In the meantime you will not have your Xbox to play with.
Be aware that the steps above help you to troubleshoot the red ring of death, but in case something goes wrong in the process, you may end up spending a way lot of money than you would have, had you called us in at the first place to do the repairs.
We do repairs on red ring of death issues, DVD drive issues, cooling mods, etc. We also provide Reflow and Reball services for the Xbox 360 console, as well as drive repairs on Xbox 360 slim, drive rebuilds and replacements. We are New York’s most popular and customer friendly Xbox 360 repair service. Call us today at XXX-XXXX and allow us to help you with your Xbox 360 repair service requirements.
Repair Sharks offers reball and reflow services for your Xbox 360. Contact us today 1-866-979-4763 for a free quote or visit our website for more information.